CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, December 08, 2006

It's the most wonderful time of the year...

I love getting Christmas cards. We move a lot, being in the military, and some of my friends I only hear from at Christmas, it seems. They have moved, we have moved, they had another baby, we did NOT...lol And my favorite part of the cards? The pictures and the newsletters. In the pictures you can see how much the kids have grown, and who they are beginning to look like. Oh, and how they were posed. That is always pretty comical. Oh, and if you don't get a pictures at Christmas? I guess you just didn't rate high enough on the list to get one. :-)


The very best part of cards? THE NEWSLETTERS!! Oh, everyone has such a perfect life and a perfect family and a perfect year at Christmas, don't they? You never hear: "So-and-so got suspended from school this year for..." or "Our son is turning out to be such a nerdy dork!" "Our daughter is totally spoiled and throws tantrums all the time, and she is almost 14!" Another thing you don't hear - "We have moved, and are settling in, but it is difficult." NO, everyone who moves loves their new house, their new neighbors, their new friends - they never say "I had to find a pediatrician, and don't really like the one we have...." or " We still haven't managed to find a dentist, but we'll cross that bridge when we really have to!" One of these days, I am sure I will get an honest newsletter, one that tells the whole picture. As soon as I do the same... ha ha


I am excited today, though. I have some friends coming over to stamp Christmas cards. Yup, friends. Well, one that I meet up with every week, and the other two are potential friends, I guess you could call them. We'll see. I am thrilled to get out my stamps, my inks, my paper cutters, etc and get busy. I had better go clean up this dump before they see I actually LIVE like this. See? That should go in my honest Christmas letter, huh?

7 people tasted this cookie:

Anonymous said...

:) You're right - we do make our lives seem perfect in our little newsletters. BUT - I am putting one honest, negative thing in ours this year, which is that I left that crappy job for a MUCH better one! I have to say, though, our lives do feel nauseatingly perfect right now (if only you weren't so far away). Love you!

Anonymous said...

I laughed so hard when I read this!! We tried to be honest in ours - though I guess we left out Colin's trip to the emergency room for drinking Karina's milk and Karina not potty training until she was 3 1/2....

Miss you!

Kristen

p.s. When we were at the corner of Peterson and Pony Tracks the other day, Karina said when Mikey and Molly get back from Pennsylvania they'll go home - pointing towards your old house. Just broke my heart.

Anonymous said...

Well, Miss Susie--I'm sitting down tonight to write our Christmas letter. Hopefully we won't seem too perfect, but the good memories from the past year are the ones that stand out. Except having to see so many friends move. The one perk is that it makes getting your Christmas card and letter all the more exciting! :-)

Anonymous said...

Susie, you are so funny, but that is so true. I will have to make you your own personal Christmas letter, complete with pictures of Delaney having fits and spitting up!
Brandy

Anonymous said...

So true Susie,

I just finished writing my Christmas letter this weekend, thinking back to it and wondering how "perfect" I made it. HMMMMMM....

Hope you had fun stamping with the girls! Gina

Anonymous said...

I'm with you girl...don't bother to send me a card unless there's a photo and/or a letter...I want to see the goods!

Anxiously awaiting your letter full of truth-according-to-Susie!

Anonymous said...

Don't know if you're still reading comments from this post but I laughed so hard I felt like I had to write!