CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, October 19, 2007

I don't mind getting older. As long as I don't mature.

Yes, I'm getting older. The good part of getting older is you get better presents. Look what I got this year!


It is a watercolor print of Old Main, and is the view I had from my college apartment. The triple-matting and frame are so beautiful - I put it up in the living room immediately!


Fall is officially here. I've tarped some leaves from the backyard and the colors are stunning. Here is one of the first leaves that fell:


And with the fall comes more tailgating. We had 3 home games in a row, and that wore us out!! Luckily we had 2 weeks to recover, then had 2 more at home, and have this weekend off. I know those of you from PSU really don't feel sorry for us at all - having to tailgate and sit through every home game. It's a tough life. Really it is.





The kids are still playing soccer. Molly has a game on Tuesdays, Mikey has a game on Wednesdays, and they both have games on Sundays. We spend a lot of time at these fields.



Chris is one of her coaches and she LOVES it. That is Becca sitting next to her. They are best friends from school and asked to be on the same team. She's a lovely girl.

Mikey plays with a couple of his friends, and they are getting to be pretty good! The big Solo news? They BOTH scored goals this week!!

Oh, we also did a Poker Ride on campus! It was put on by the Campus Police, and the Bike Club, and I think some other group, too. It promoted bicycle safety, so we let Mikey ride it with us and borrowed a bike trailer to pull Molly. She likes being pulled like an infant...Mikey got the best hand in the whole competition, so we won a $50 gift certificate to downtown! It was a yummy Indian dinner for my birthday.



















We also had the Homecoming Parade last weekend. Boy, was it a fun parade! There were over 50 floats, people juggling fire, and of course, what parade is complete without the band?



And of course, it wouldn't be October without a jack-o-lantern on the front porch, would it?

So, that has been the Solo household lately. We meet Grandma and Pop-Pop Keller at The Creamery every Wednesday for ice cream, have a play date or two in the afternoons throughout the week, have Bible study on Monday afternoons, soccer Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Sundays, tailgating and football games on Saturdays, and one week starts to look like the last one and the next one. I think it will only get busier as they get older, so I enjoy from 3-4 in the afternoons while they watch PBS and I can check my email and blogs!

9 people tasted this cookie:

Megan said...

I have the best memories of my dad being my soccer coach. I'm sure Molly will too!

What do you think of your bike trailer? We've considered getting one.

StephGrubb said...

Sounds like everyone is enjoying fall! Say hi to Chris and the kids! Thanks for the updated pictures!
Take Care.

Amy said...

Wow, you stay busy! The kids look super cute and I'm jealous of all those colored leaves you've got. Glad you had a great birthday!

Jonathan's Mommy said...

Happy to hear you had a nice birthday! Great pictures of the kids--you guys have really been busy!!

A.K. said...

so great to have an update- have been checking your blog recently to see whats been up and how the birthday went- guess i could stop being lazy and pick up the phone- left a message for you a few weeks back- but i know its been crazy- will try to call you sometime this week!

Neurotic Atty said...

Wow! You HAVE been busy! I love fall. It is by far my favorite time of the year, and part of the fun of fall is the business that comes with it. The kids are adorable, by the way!

Shana-Lynn said...

What a great birthday gift and I love that Jack O Lantern.

Kristen said...

Great pics! Boy, D is getting in more and more trouble with each amazing thing Chris does for you. I bet he wishes Chris would quit it!

erin said...

Okay, I know this post has been up for a while but everytime I pass by your blog I chuckle because girl you will NEVER mature, no worries!