CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 13, 2007







Life got BUSY!






Sorry for the lag between posts, it took a comment from Wendy to get me going before I head to bed.

Here is a picture of us on the HUB lawn, having a picnic on Tuesday. It was nice to see Chris again!

We had a field trip at school to a "retirement home". I told the kids we were going to sing to some grandmas and grandpas, and told the parents we were going to sing to "old people". Not PC, but true, right? The other bus had a stow-away on board as we headed back to school. Some lady decided she was going on a bus trip, and just sat there, waiting to go somewhere. Anywhere. The staff had to get some retirement home staff to come get her off the bus. Sweet old lady. Just wanted to go somewhere.


Then, we had Young Author and Artist night at school. A huge success, but a butt-load of work to get ready for. Our class made some adorable books. Let me describe them:
I took 4 pictures of the kids faces - one happy, one sad, one angry, and one sleepy. I printed them out on the computer and cut them out to be about 6x4.
The kids cut out 4 circles for heads, and I glued each picture on a head. Under it we printed out the words on the computer and glued them down.
We traced the kids hands and cut them out. We painted the kids feet, printed them, and cut them out. I made a "neck" that no one could see for the back out of poster board, and then took an 11x18 piece of construction paper. I cut a triangle out of the short end so it had "legs". The kids took some ribbon, glued it down for a belt, and decorated the "shirt" with foam shapes, sequins, buttons, anything we could find to glue.
I added arms of construction paper, glued the hands on, the feet on, the neck on the back, the head on, and added the cover called "The Many Moods of _____"
Each page said "_________ is happy." " ______ is sad." You get the picture?
I'll try to take a picture of one tomorrow at school before I send them home and post them. They were the absolute cutest things, but took an insane amount of work. Thank God for my assistant, Michele. She keeps me sane, on track, and organized. I really couldn't do it without her.


Then, we also had to crank out Mother's Day stuff. You know, card, poem, gift. By the time it was this weekend, I was B-E-A-T.


Mikey and Molly go to school 5 days a week, so their classes had "Mother's Day Teas". They sang songs, we had refreshments, and I just loved them in general.

Funny things from Mikey today:

Chris : Who has gas??
Mikey: Who else? Mowwy Hewaire....


After the bath, wanting pajamas on:
Mikey: Who are going to do first? Soccer boy, or the little girl who cries?
Of course the answer had to be "Soccer boy, who scored two goals today!!"

Here is a picture of the little girl who cries and always has gas during her Mother's Day Tea.




I sure do love her!







The kids and I found the Jelly Belly Bus at the grocery store, and got free samples of "recipes".
The cinnamon apple pie ROCKED!!













13 people tasted this cookie:

Wendy said...

OKay the kids little sayings were so funny. I had to laugh at Mowwy Hewaire, who has gas, and littel girl who cries (sounds like her indian name). Anyways, loved hearing about your week. Sounds like you were really busy!! I would love to see the books. Are they as HUGE as they sound??

A.K. said...

hope you had a great mother's day!!!

Megan said...

Happy Mother's Day. I hope you enjoyed your day!

my4kids said...

That project sounds like a cute idea. I'd love to see it!

Kids sayings are so cute.

Janice said...

Happy Mother's Day! Hope you had a nice relaxing weekend! The "Little Girl Who Cries" looks so adorable catching bubbles!

The "Many Moods" book sounds really neat! Can't wait to see what they look like!

Kristen said...

I agree, little girl who cries sounds like an indian name. Collin got one from one of Wendy's sister's relatives...Screams like a girl. Which he does.

Do you not get to see Chris? Is he that busy with work?

Good pics too

Megan said...

Okay, the poor old lady on the bus made me laugh out loud, and then I felt bad...

Cute pictures! I can't wait to see the books you made....what a great teacher. I don't know if I would have ever attempted something so ambitious.

erin said...

Been missin' your posts! AND YOU.

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you back. I hope you had a great Mother's Day. I love the old ladies at the nursing home!
Brandy

Anonymous said...

Good luck with all of the festivities this weekend! I'll be thinking about you.
Kristen

Anonymous said...

I can't even begin to tell you how much I miss them! (AND YOU!)

Anonymous said...

By the way - why isn't there a new blog????

liz said...

I know you already know, but have you checked the Pigbear today?