CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, June 13, 2008

The Studio

It's official - we've opened a studio!! Two of my girlfriends and I have opened a working studio, and a showroom right next door. It's PRIME real estate (right on the 100 block of College Avenue), the AC is now turned on so it's nice and cool, and we are all moved in.

Advantages:
All of my stuff is out of the house. (I stamp for those of you who didn't know.)
I'll be more inspired to go down there to work, having it feel like a real "job", with a place to sell my stuff.
Chris finally has more room in the house for HIS junk.
The girlfriends are down there working, TOO! It is almost like a "female fort"!

I've been giddy with excitement since Wednesday when I moved in. Absolutely giddy. All I want to do is go down to the studio!

Disadvantages:
I have to drive the 3 miles to work on my stuff instead of having it here in the dining room
Getting SO close to these girls, and having to move next year.

I don't have any pictures to post, as it is still a work in progress, but I will, I promise. I'll be spending evenings at the studio, after the kids get in the tub. During the school year I can go at lunch, and work un-interrupted until I have to be home at 3 to get the kids off the bus!!

Life is great. Absolutely great.

14 people tasted this cookie:

Vixbil said...

I am probably so ignorant, but what is stamping. Whatever it is the business sounds like it has really got you fired up. How fantastic
xx

Megan said...

Wow! Good for you!!! Can't wait to see the pics.

Steph said...

That is awsome! I am SO happy for you. I am eager to see the pictures!

A.K. said...

can we buy your cards offline?! i'm always looking into buying cards my friends make!

erin said...

OH WOW! I had no idea this was in the works...how incredibly exciting!

Are your girlfriends stampers too or are they doing other things?

Kimberly said...

CONGRATS!!!! I can't wait to see some pics! What kind of stuff to you stamp to sell?

Neurotic Atty said...

Congratulations! You're very own studio -- very exciting! I'm excited to see the pictures.

Shana-Lynn said...

So very cool!!! I can't wait to see pictures.

Jonathan's Mommy said...

That sounds like so much fun! You MUST give us some pics and some more details of what you make!

Anonymous said...

Wow! I'm very excited to see the pictures of your own studio.I hope I can buy your stuff.
-shinyoung

Amy said...

Congrats, Susie! That is SO cool and inspiring. Good for you! You should open a shop on Etsy, too. Love that place!

Can't wait to see pics of the studio!

The Vollmers said...

How cool is that? What businesses are you near? I actually have a mental map of College Ave. in my mind, so I'm thinking you're really close to Atherton St.?

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Susie! I'll be anxious to see pictures of the studio.
Brandy

Anonymous said...

WOW - congrats! I had no idea!