CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Check ME out!



Now, let me tell you the short story behind the picture...

We had a book club weekend in Monticello. Erin is a photographer. A real one, actually. I know, I know, it seems like the "in" thing to do is buy an expensive camera, get a website, and start calling yourself a photographer. Everybody knows one of those. C'mon, don't sit there and pretend you don't. Someone who can't even get the subjects to look at the camera, much less get a decent shot of them. Well, Erin is not one of those. As evidenced by the photo.

I am not photogenic, that's no secret. I usually HATE having my picture taken, that's no secret either. I also don't like singing in front of anyone over the age of 4, but I digress. I knew that she was good at taking pictures. But I had never really been around her because I had my kids way before she started taking pictures. I had decided I did not want her to take my picture. Until she whipped it out. The camera, people...the camera. This is a family blog, remember?

All of the sudden, I realized it might be my one shot in life to get a decent picture. You know, the one to use for an obituary one day, or just to make me think that I - at one time - had a decent picture taken. And here it is, voila!

Please don't send me hate comments about your friends that bought expensive cameras and are great photographers. I already have Erin. She's the butter. Everyone else is just Parkay.

14 people tasted this cookie:

Anonymous said...

What a great picture! I enjoyed reading your Blog.
- Steph

erin said...

Awwww...GO ON! =)

You totally made my day girl. And you're smokin' hot, btw.

Holliday Family said...

you ARE smokin hot, toots. What a great great photo! I follow Erin's blog so I know how amazing she is. And you are. Wow!

A.K. said...

YOU look AMAZING!!!! i love the picture- i think you need to frame it and hang it in your house- i love it!

Neurotic Atty said...

Well, you are simply gorgeous, and I would kill for arms like those!

Shana-Lynn said...

Awesome picture. We all know Erin is the best!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Of course it's a great picture and not just because of the photographer, but because of the subject!

Brandy

Christina Barosko said...

Great picture Susie. :o)
I hate having my pictures taken too. I don't turn out good.

Megan said...

it's gorgeous!!

-the Parkay :)

Jonathan's Mommy said...

That is a great picture! I really like Erin's photos too! You are lovely!

Vixbil said...

What a great pic I love it. You look gorgeous and so happy. I HATE having my pix taken too.
xx

jean said...

That IS an awesome picture.

Amy said...

Susie, you crack me up! And that'll be a great photo for your obituary. . . you're so morbid (yet hilarious).

Glad you got over your camera aversion and took advantage of the opportunity!

Kristen said...

That is a great picture!