CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, December 09, 2008

I've made a decision -

I've decided that I always want a table in my kitchen. It doesn't have to be big, or nice, or even totally cleaned off. Actually, a cheap flat surface will suffice. But here's why.

Last night was an evening that I had always dreamed of, yet one that you can't plan. I had gone to the gym, so I was only wearing work-out clothes. I was preparing dinner, unloading and loading the dishwasher, etc. Molly was doing her "math homework" for kindergarten which involved hiding a certain number of her ten bears in a cream cheese tub. She had to figure out how many were hidden by counting what was left on the table.
I had just gotten a book in the mail. Not just any book, mind you. The Book. The book that I had ordered a few weeks ago. It was from Snapfish and was our trip to Europe from August. I had used a coupon that came from Oprah (don't pretend you don't know what I'm talking about here...!) and ordered the book. SO, Michael was sitting here reading the book with me helping out with hard words, like architecture. He was LOVING looking at the book and reading it. Loving it I tell you.
I was doing mommy stuff, and they were doing kid stuff. All was well, all were happy. Right there at the kitchen table. Mixed up with their Playmobil Advent calendar toys. I couldn't have planned his good reading, or her good math work. All I could plan was the yummy dinner. Sitting at the dining room table eating that dinner with Chris, Michael, and Molly was pure heaven.
Oh, the icing on the cake? Molly's headband that she was wearing was reindeer antlers. Complete with bells. I can't look at that sight and not smile.

8 people tasted this cookie:

Jonathan's Mommy said...

That sounds like a perfect family moment!

Susie PSU said...

They are few and far between in this family, it seems. ha ha

Doesn't it seem on the blogs like everyone has a perfect family?? Mine is FAR from that. That's why when we DO have a great hour or two, I blog it! lol

Megan said...

That sounds lovely. I love when those moments happen. Scratch that, I love when those moments happen and I realize they are happening when they happen. Am I making sense? Sometimes they happen when we are busy with all the other stuff and I realize it after they went to bed.

Neurotic Atty said...

Awww...what a great evening! You're right -- it doesn't get any better than that!

jean said...

Okay such a Normal Rockwell moment circa 2008!

Adam said...

You're such a great Mom!

erin said...

Okay, now I can get a little excited about my kiddos growing up. That sounds so lovely!

liz said...

I LOVE YOU GUYS!
I swear if you breathe really slowly and don't stare too hard, you can stretch those times out just a little more and make their memory stick like crazy glue. Isn't life just freakin' awesome?!