CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 06, 2009


2008 In Review


Most people start the New Year with a resolution. I have a horrible habit of looking backwards instead of forwards. I sit and ponder the year gone by - what we did, what I would have liked to do, and what I would have done differently. I seem to always have the same secret wish for the upcoming year, and yet, rarely see many changes. This secret wish? I want to be better.
A better wife. A better mother. A better daughter. A better sister. A better friend. A better teacher. A better Christian. A better Daisy leader. Just better. It seems like so much to juggle and I tend to get overwhelmed, like I have so much to do, and I don't know where to start. So, I start with prayer.

Then, I get frustrated that things don't change immediately. I don't know what change I want, or what change I'm looking for. Just a change.

This will be the the Year of the Change. I'm changing my attitude, you see. Not so much my actions. Instead of perfection, I'm going for "as good as I can do". And in most of the areas, I can honestly say "I'm doing the best I can do." I will have a lot of changes this year in my life as I turn 40. Moving again is a biggie.

(as a side note- Chris just made me a kick-a%% milk shake, which he said "Fits in well with our new diet! Creamery ice cream, vanilla, chocolate malt and milk.)

Selling a house, buying a house, moving kids, pets, stuff. Finding a job.

However, in the midst of all the turmoil, I am thankful. Thankful for my relationships. Without the people I have in my life, I wouldn't have much life at all. Especially my husband, kids, mom, and friends. I value those relationships more than life itself. So, I just want to say thanks. Thanks for being you. Thanks for making me laugh. Thanks for letting me cry. Thanks for celebrating with me, hanging out with me, and talking on the phone with me.

But watch out. I'm the girl with the New Attitude!

11 people tasted this cookie:

Anonymous said...

I didn't know you could have more attitude!
I thought you weren't selling this house.

Holliday Family said...

yeah, MORE attitude sounds sacry to me!! x

Holliday Family said...

clearly my resolution should be to learn to spell, or at least spell check. That should read SCARY!!!!!!!!

Neurotic Atty said...

Amen, sister! I'm the same way. I look back on all the things I DIDN'T do the previous year, then vow to do things THIS year that I know I'll never do, so maybe I'll just change my attitude and be better, too!

A.K. said...

as long as you don't change your attitude of making people smile, then we're all good!

i agree- friends are what make the ups and downs of life possible to get through!

Gina said...

Here's to a new attitude and comfort throughout the many changes to come this year!

Jonathan's Mommy said...

A new attitude seems like the good way to do it! You go!

Anonymous said...

You are a GREAT friend, there is no better! You and I both know what you did for me this year and I just wish I could pay it forward! You are an awesome person and an awesome mother, wife, and sister!
Love ya,
Heather

erin said...

Girl, in my book you already HAVE that attitude...your positivity is always a beacon for me. =)

liz said...

it sounds like you're off to a great start by being a better friend to YOURSELF :)

Wendy said...

Well, since no one else claims it... I know you were talking about me in the last part of the post. I'm special, and you couldn't make it without me. Just me. All me. You miss me.

Cute pup. Simply squeezable. Miss you chica. XOX