CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 19, 2009

A busy few weeks!


Things to share:

- Chris got selected for Lt. Col. He probably won't pin on until later this year. That's probably the biggest news, and everything else pales in comparison!!

- The puppy is doing better. He came to us with a new surgery, and that one had to be re-done. So, hundreds of dollars in vet bills later, he is home with a lamp shade on his head. But he HATES the lampshade, so in all honesty, it is sitting here next to me, NOT on his head.

- Michael got third place in the Pinewood Derby for his den. He and Chris made a car to look like a police car, and he named it "Speedy". Original, huh?

Here he is with his trophy looking SO proud, as were we.


The kids and Chris all happened to be in their uniforms on Sat., so I took a quick pic.


- Molly and her Daisy Scouts went to 2000 Degrees to paint pottery, to our vet's for a tour and to a Cookie Rally this week. I hope they are all excited to sell their cookies. I'm hoping just being cute in their uniform will be enough and they will sell a LOT of cookies! Molly has The. Smallest. Uniform. And it's still too big!


At the vets office a dog had to have his eye removed because he had been in a fight. After the surgery the vet dissected the eye for us so we could see the lens. It was totally cool.

- I actually have a job application for Colorado Springs, which I hope pans out. It is for the pre-school where I had the kids while I was teaching in the private elementary school, and for a 3 year old position 5 days a week. Prayers for that. I loved the teachers there and hope I'd fit in well.

- We are already starting to think about our move. Selling this house, moving back, Chris teaching at USAFA, me teaching but with hours that would allow me to do full-time bus duty (both mornings and afternoons) because Chris can't. It's a lot to think about. And I don't want to be thinking about it because I am loving living here.
So. There's a lot going on in SusieWorld. Now it's time for Girls Night Out. See ya!

11 people tasted this cookie:

Shana-Lynn said...

Aww...glad your puppy is doing better.

Your hubby and the kids look adorable in their uniforms!

Good luck getting that position in Colorado Springs, I bet you will get no problem. I am getting a little sad you are leaving this area even though we never met. It was always that possibility we would I had.

Good luck with everything, I know it must be a little stressful, but things will work out!

Neurotic Atty said...

Congrats to Chris AND Mikey!!! Good luck with the teaching position!

A.K. said...

congrats to your hubby for Lt Col!!! And congrats to you for being a Lt Col's wife!

prayers for your job- i have no doubt though that they will pick you!!!

Jonathan's Mommy said...

Love the uniforms! You have a beautiful family!

The puppy is so cute!

Gina said...

Moving details already, YIKES!

I will be sending good thoughts on the job application. I am sure you will be a perfect fit.

Congrats to Chris and Mikey.

Megan said...

I know Pennsylvania is awesome (being from there myself) but we live in Colorado-big plus for moving back. I can get to know you in person!

Brandy said...

I, for one, am VERY excited about your upcoming move.

Janice said...

First of all, congrats to Chris! Good luck with selling the house, moving and the teaching job in Colorado Springs - 3 year pre-school is the best!!!

By the way, that puppy is soooooo cute!!!!!!!!!!! I hope he feels better soon.

Amy said...

Congrats on Lt Col! And I can't believe you're heading back to CO already. It's the beginning of Book Club 2.0!

Good luck on the job, that's great you might have something lined up already. And seeing Molly with her girl scout troop brings back so many memories for me--I loved Girl Scouts!

Kimberly said...

You guys have definitely had a lot going on! I pray that the sell of your house goes smoothly. I wish that for EVERYONE considering what we've been dealing with!

liz said...

Congratulations, Chris!
Susie, remember when you were crying b/c you had to LEAVE COS?