CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, December 30, 2007



A very late Christmas post...


Molly is sporting the tiara and earrings that Michael got her for Christmas. This was Christmas Eve after church when we let them open one present. The sweetest part of Christmas morning?

Even with all of the presents under the tree, they insisted they dig out what they had gotten us FIRST. They went shopping with some Girl Scouts at a "Santa Shop" earlier in the month. Instead of tearing into all of their gifts, they wanted to give us ours first, so they could see how happy they made us. We wouldn't have cared if GARBAGE was in those little stapled bags they gave us. Molly gave me a "lovely" jeweled pen, and Mikey gave me a bracelet. He gave Chris a tablet and pen with the American flag on them ('cause he knows that's Daddy's favorite flag) and Molly gave him a Christmas tree photo foam frame. After we "ooooh" 'ed and "aahhhh" 'ed, THEN they were willing to open the rest of the presents. We couldn't have been prouder.

They got Leapsters for Christmas and have turned into teenagers overnight. They would sit and play those things all day if we let them! Molly's other favorite present is a My Little Pony ice cream truck and Mikey's is his Rubik's cube. They got lots of neat gifts from lots of people and started their Thank You notes today!

22 people tasted this cookie:

A.K. said...

What sweet little ones you have! I remember when I was little being able to go into one of Santas little shops like that and being so excited that I bought my own gifts for my parents! Glad to see ya'll had a great one!

Jonathan's Mommy said...

How sweet! I loved buying gifts for my parents, especially my mother. I always loved how she made over the gifts even though I know now some of them were not so great!

Megan said...

The Santa workshops were awesome when I was little. I can't wait until Mazie can go to her school's workshop. I love the picture of them hugging. So sweet. My kids go back to their first gift after opening all of them too. No matter what it is.

my4kids said...

I love when the kids make or get us gifts just because of the excitement they get when they give them.

Denise said...

It must be neat to see some of those lessons you teach actually sink in. That is indeed a sweet moment. What a great picture with some really cute kids! I love the jewelry! You must love having a girl! :) Merry Christmas and HAPPY New Year!

Kristen said...

That's so sweet!

Shane got a rubix cube also. He asked for one. They're making a comeback.

Happy New Year!

Janice said...

Mikey and Molly are just the sweetest!! I love that they wanted to give you your presents first. It shows how thoughtful they are. I love the picture of them hugging!! Hopefully Cameron and Ava would be the same way when they're older. :)

Shana-Lynn said...

First I love your tree!!

Your kids are so sweet! I probably would have started to cry when they handed them to me, that is just so sweet.

Happy New Year to you! Cheers!

Anonymous said...

I love your story...
I was impressed by your Christmas story.. You are a perfect mom...

Happy New year...shinyoung

Kelly said...

Hey--where do you go to church in State College?

we go to State College Presbyterian on Beaver but I was raised Southern Baptist.

Jennifer said...

How sweet are they wanting you to open your presents first??? Too cute!! The picture of them hugging is too cute!

the Book of Keira said...

Oh my god, they are sooooo cute!

Colleen said...

Too cute, Susie! What a sweet pair...

Kelly said...

I saw your comments on HappyValleyMoms.com and saw you had a blog and just checked it out. I think that is called lurking. ha.

Anne Porter said...

Hey you! Merry Christmas! I may be completely horrible at keeping in touch (perhaps a slight understatement) but I do regularly check your blog so that I know what's going on in your life! :) I can't believe how big the kids have gotten!!!
Hugs, Anne

Amy said...

Oh, Susie, that is so sweet. That picture of the two of them together on Christmas morning is precious.

Neurotic Atty said...

If those aren't two of the sweetest faces!!! And I love it that they were so excited to give you their gifts. I loved those little "Santa's Secret Workshop" dealies when I was a kid. There was one at school and then one at the Bon-Ton. My mom still has some of the things we bought them.

Glad you all had a good Christmas!

Jodi said...

Maybe it's the bling but... man! Molly is looking so big to me in these photos!

Denise Travis said...

I love the new blog style! And I'm so excited that I can comment now! Thanks for always being so encouraging to me. It's no wonder your little ones think of others first! What great kids!

Gina said...

Looks and sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas Susie. The kids are so Big!!!

Anonymous said...

Such a cute picture - don't you wish they'd stay that close forever?

Mom said...

Susie, the pictures are great! We sure enjoyed our visit with you and the kids! Can't wait for warm weather and more trips! Keep blogging! Mom