CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Out with the Old, in with the New.

We ended the old year at 2000 Degrees, a paint your pottery studio. Molly chose a container to hold her "jewlery"...


while Mikey picked a plate in the shape of a star to be his "snack plate" after school.



They were SO excited to see the finished products were smooth and shiny, and they can't wait to go back! If it was cheaper, I'd be psyched too. $36 for two kids things. What a rip-off.

We painted with Isaac and Isabelle, and we went out to see the ice sculptures in town for First Night. Since it was a block away, we walked down to see what had been made, and what was BEING made...

Later that night, Chris ran a 5K in costume as part of First Night. While he was running, we went back to see more sculptures, watched a quick parade, and then met dad at the finish line. He was hot from wearing the heavy costume!!

Chris has begun his Candidacy Exam. Ten long days. Four long questions. We'll all be happy when it's over!! My friend and I got Sally to come over to watch my kids and hers while we went out for a Thai lunch. Sally took pictures of them dressing up. Here is Sarah and Molly in Molly's room, and then there is a picture of Molly looking a little bit bored. Or something.

And finally, here are the munchkins as I tuck them into bed. They had crawled into Mikey's bed for a quick cuddle.

We are all back at school, in the routine. Today was NOT routine - we had 67 degree weather in PA in January!! We played outside at school, Molly's class ate lunch outside, we went to The Creamery with Isaac, Isabelle, Parker and Ava. Then we came home and Parker and Ava came over to play outside and ride bikes. Robyn helped me rake almost the entire back yard, can you believe that? I wonder if her shoulders are tired, too...?

So, the wet cold returns tomorrow. Back to January. But I sure appreciated the 2 beautiful days we had! Thanks, God!

16 people tasted this cookie:

Denise said...

What a sweet post. Your kids are so cute and they like each other. Wow! I so hope my boys are friends. Yes, $36 is quite high BUT they had a great time and I bet they'll treasure those items for years to come. What a good mom you are! Okay, the bee costume is so funny. Reminds me of that one music video from the 90s with the "bee girl" - Blind Melon's "No Rain" (thanks, Google!).

Stacy said...

What a cool outing! The kids looked like they had a blast! Love the pics of the costumes.

Megan said...

Your two kiddos are just so adorable. I can't believe your pottery was that much. The girls made mugs for Father's Day last year and I only paid $15 for them both (including their painting fee). Looks like they had fun though. My dad is leaving PA tomorrow just in time to come here for the cold weather.

Neurotic Atty said...

Sounds like you had quite a busy and fun new year! I just have to say that your kids have the most beautiful eyes -- I love it when you post close-ups!

Good luck to your DH on his exam. I thought the bar was bad, and it was only 2 days!

Jonathan's Mommy said...

I am DYING to take Jonathan to one of those pottery places but the cost has scared me away! Maybe for Father's Day, though.

LOVE the pictures, particularly the ice sculptures. Jonathan would just love that tractor.

TwinMommyLawchick said...

I wanna paint pottery too! We don't have those around us, but we'll probably do it if we go on vacation this year.

Here's a joke I got via email and thought of you:

God asks Joe Paterno first: 'What do you believe?'
Joe thinks long and hard, looks God in the eye, and says, 'I believe in hard work, and in staying true to family and friends. I believe in giving. I was lucky, but I always tried to do right by my fans.'

God can't help but see the essential goodness of Paterno, and offers him a seat to his left.

Then God turns to Tom Osborne and says, 'What do you believe?'
Tom says, 'I believe passion, discipline, courage and honor are the fundamentals of life. I, too, have been lucky, but win or lose, I've always tried to be a true sportsman, both on and off the playing fields.'

God is greatly moved by Tom's sincere eloquence, and he offers him a seat to his right.

Finally, God turns to Rich Rodriguez: 'And you, Rich, what do you believe?'
Rich replies, 'I believe you're in my seat.'

Shana-Lynn said...

Those ice sculptures are so awesome, that tractor especially is so darn cool. What a fun night you all had and the pottery making sounds like a lot of fun, too bad it is so expensive.

Your hubby looks great in his costume after is run. That is too funny!

Janice said...

I just love how your kiddos are so affectionate with each other. Glad you guys were able to enjoy the warm weather - we did too!

Susie PSU said...

Thanks for the JoePA joke. Too cute. He is quite the hero around here. I have a friend who runs student bookstores around the country with her husband, and they are shocked they can't find ANYONE here who will say ANYTHING negative about him. What can I say...we all love Joe Paterno. And Mikey likes his grandaughter Lizzie...LOL.

Kimberly said...

Cool! I've never been to one of those pottery places but I've always wanted to go. ANd that bee cracks me up!

The Vollmers said...

Good luck to Chris on those Candicacy Exams! Dave's were similarly stressful about a year ago.

I was so hooked on the pottery painting thing when I was at Wright-Patt. I can't remember the name of the place, but it was in the Oregon District in Dayton and I was going 2-4 times per month with the wife of one of the AFIT staff members. I squared away Christmas for everyone in 2001 with those crafts. I just packed up our "Cookies for Santa" dish :-)

my4kids said...

Ahh love all the pictures!

67 degrees? I keep hearing about all these warm temps but we are freezing!

Anonymous said...

I love Santa Chris and bumble bee Molly...Chris is always a good father.Good luck to him on his exam. Mikey and Molly ..they are good brother and sister, aren't they?

Anonymous said...

Anonymous is Shinyoung..hahaha

Anonymous said...

We cannot believe how different the kids look - especially Molly!! I can't wait to see you guys in person this May. (BTW - what dates will you be out here??)

Ashley said...

i love the picture of the kids on the ice tractor! :) we just read a book in kindergarten today called 'pigaroons' and your picture reminded me of it!