CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, March 07, 2008

So Much To Tell.

Last weekend I had a girls weekend in Baltimore. Boy, was it great. We didn't really party and were asleep by 10:30 and up by 7 both mornings, but we had so much fun! We stayed at Fell's Point right on the water and they had the most delicious breakfast! Fresh fruit (canteloupe, honeydew, strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, raspberries, bananas, pineapple, grapes) granola, oatmeal, various cereals, 3 different kinds of breakfast breads, muffins, doughnuts, bagles with 3 cream cheeses, coffee, teas, juices, milks, yogurt...you get the picture! It was a great way to start the day.
Next, it was off to the Inner Harbor for a little shopping!


We spent a LONG time in the Swatch store and managed to get lots of watches 1/2 off! The salesgirl was so patient with us. But I think we managed to amuse her.

After shopping for hours we needed to eat. Where? The Cheesecake Factory!! I got my favorite Avacado Eggrolls. Absolute heaven.

Then, Lisa had decided she wanted to get a tattoo. After researching before we got to town, she settled on the Tattoo Museum. A very good choice once we got there! What a great reputation they have, and it was something "different" to do on a Saturday afternoon. That wore us out, so while Lisa napped we watched a rivoting Lifetime movie on tv. Hey, it was good to just relax!!

We all woke up early on Sunday morning and decided to head down to D.C. to see some monuments. It was a beautiful sunny day and a lot of fun!
We never actually went to the Capitol, but I did manage to take a picture from the Washington Monument. It saved us from walking.... :-)


Next it was off to see the WW II Memorial. I had never seen this one!




Of course, we had to take a picture of the White House, even though we didn't manage to get all the way over to it, either.!


We finished our journey at The Natural History Museum before eating at CPK on the way out of town!
And at CPK I got my favorite Thai Crunch chicken salad with no onions or scallions, but with guacamole. YUM!
A very enjoyable weekend away from home, I must admit. Some time with just grownup girlfriends does a body good.

13 people tasted this cookie:

Neurotic Atty said...

Sounds like a great weekend! I'm so jealous -- I want to be one of your girls if it entails trips to the Inner Harbor and Cheesecake Factory! You girls certainly know how to do a weekend right!

Brandy said...

Glad you had a good time Susie. You deserve it.

The Vollmers said...

That sounded like the BEST time! I'm fortunate that I'm able to fit in Girls' Nights Out 1-2x per month but I haven't done the full girls' weekend thing since before the kids came along -- actually, while we were stationed in Ohio in 2001!

A.K. said...

you were so close and didn't want to come visit me at Andrews AFB?!!! hah! i still need to make it to inner harbor before we leave!

Wendy said...

WOW! What fun..... why don't you do your next girls weekend here?? I want a WEEKEND with just the girls!!

I have tried 5 times to put this stupid comment through, and it's not working, so if you get a million comments forgive me and delete them.

Mona said...

Hey Susie...I came on here to tell you that I had a dream about you last night...I can't remember the details, but it was a long drawn out dream! Maybe you were thinking of me!! I see you were close to me...well, 30 minutes away!! See...I'm spying!
Miss you!

Vixbil said...

sounds like such a fun weekend and I love that you show what you had to eat, so important. Thanks for visiting my blog and I'll be back to yours
Vicki

Shana-Lynn said...

Sounds like you had a lot of fun. I love the Inner Harbor!! Lots of great shopping and eating is right.

Glad you got away for a few days.

Janice said...

I love me some CPK!! And I have to try out those Avocado Rolls the next time I venture over to the Cheesecake Factory. You guys looked like you had an awesome time!!!!!

Kelly said...

Great pics of DC. It is always great to get away!

Kimberly said...

YAY for a girls trip! I'm BEYOND jealous! And I bet my peeps would have been asleep by 10:30 too!

Denise Travis said...

What a wonderful trip!! And great friends! I love Fell's Point and the Inner Harbor...there is so much to see and do there!

my4kids said...

Yes sounds like a great weekend! I need a girls only weekend. Great pictures by the way. I've never been anywhere on the east coast so I enjoy seeing other peoples pictures.