CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Lame Blogger That I Am...

I went to our Book Club Reunion and didn't even take my camera with me! I took 2 containers of Creamery Ice Cream with dry ice, but forgot my camera. I truly am a crappy blog friend. But oh well, you can just read Erin's blog.

It was a lot of fun. I enjoyed the beautiful drive down to UVA and back - perhaps because I was by myself? Listened to what I wanted to, ate what I wanted to, stopped when I wanted to, drank what I wanted to, and called whoever I wanted to on the phone. The 5.5 hour drive went by WAY to fast!

On the way home I stopped by the Va Farmer's Market off of 522 near Winchester. Yummy pumpkin pie, apple butter, peach preserves, and 3 kinds of apples found their way into my car! Oh, so did a gallon of cherry apply cider...

The book club. An interesting group of ladies. Sometimes they make me feel so OLD even though they totally don't mean to. They are all just having babies, and I was done having babies before I even MET these girls. I feel like they are where I was in life when I met them, almost. I was older. And the kids were older. I could have hugged one of them when this weekend she said "Now, I see it must have been a bit of a struggle to even MAKE it to book club..." And, they realized that I never talked about my kids during book club, because they didn't have any yet. They would NOT have wanted to hear about MY kids when it was a foreign concept, right? But now that they all have babies and toddlers, I just smile when they tell a story and exchange advice. Sometimes that life of mine seems like so long ago, and to be honest, sometimes I don't even REMEMBER that life. That first two years with both kids is sort of a hazy blur.

Or perhaps I just go through life in a hazy blur. But it's certainly a happy life! Can I just tell you how much I LOVE my life? Walking downtown to meet friends for lunch on a beautiful sunny fall afternoon. Watching Michael play soccer with his friends, and having him shout to me from the field "I got hit in the chest. I just kept on playing! And I got hit right here. And I just kept on playing!" So proud of himself. Almost as proud as I am.

6 people tasted this cookie:

Megan said...

I feel the same way. Mazie is 6 so that means I had her way before most of my friends were even thinking of planning for kids. Some of my friends weren't even married yet. However, I love that I get asked for some advice now and then and didn't mind not sharing every detail of Mazie's existence at the time. I still very much cherish those friends and will always. I'm so glad you had a wonderful time. You can't pass up friends like that.

Neurotic Atty said...

I used to drive past that farmer's market on my way back and forth from college!!! Glad you had a nice visit with your girlies!

Jonathan's Mommy said...

Sounds like a nice visit! I'm going to go check out Erin's blog now for some pics to go along with the story!

Shana-Lynn said...

sounds like you have a wonderful group of friends.

Amy said...

Well, Susie, I can't imagine book club without you! And now that I do have a child of my own I really do appreciate all of you stories so much more (on your blog). . . thinking about what's to come in my own life.

erin said...

You rock. Old or not.