CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, November 29, 2008

Our Thankful Life

I usually reflect at Thanksgiving at all of the blessings we have in our lives and how good God is to us.

I was able to go to the kids' elementary school for Molly's feast. Who wouldn't be thankful for THIS??


My mom, dad, and brother all came up for the week, arriving after the game last Sat. night. I was excited to tell them all about the game, the tailgate, and what we had been doing lately. It was our last tailgate for many years (except for the Blue/White game) and although it was a sad thought, our friends helped us really enjoy it. Perhaps too much.




I'm thankful for the family we always tailgate with, go to church with, go to brunch with, have children's choir with, have dinner with, and go ice skating with. I guess we do a lot together each week, huh? Here we are at our tailgate. Prime real estate, I tell you.

My family sat around a lot this week and laughed playing games, watching football, movies, and going to Wegman's. I think my mom started a new tradition. Why cook when you can just order Thanksgiving dinner from Wegman's and enjoy the day together??


Oh, we did go to an Amish house for lunch again. The day was extended by trips to the Amish tackle and boot shop, then the soap and candle shop, and finally the dry goods shop. They had all kinds of things there. I looked at the Amish bonnets, wondered if I could dress up as an Amish lady for Halloween next year, and decided it probably wasn't in great taste. But that would have been cool, huh?


Here is my mom sitting around while I took a picture for her Facebook page.


Today Chris took the kids to Millbrook Marsh. I am thankful for this family of mine.

I'm thankful for a wonderful husband (he really is, I'm not just saying that...) and two beautiful, healthy, happy children. I wonder what I have done to deserve all of this. I'll never know. But I AM thankful.

8 people tasted this cookie:

Anonymous said...

I think you should dress up as an Amish woman for Halloween!

Julie

kristen said...

And I am thankful for you, my friend.

Megan said...

awww...love that last pic! such a sweet post!!

Jonathan's Mommy said...

Great pictures! Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!

Shana-Lynn said...

Beautiful pictures. You have a lovely family!!

Sherri McCaulley said...

I wish we could have been with you guys for Thanksgiving this year, but my Dad, Uncle Jack & Aunt Kassy aren't getting much younger. We miss you guys and Ashley and Daniel talk about Mikey & Molly all the time. Check out our trip on my blog and become my first follower!

liz said...

I'm thankful for you, Susie, and your whole family!

Amy said...

Well said, Susie, well said.

PS - You really make me want to hang out with the Fozard's more!