CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, October 17, 2008

Fall Is Here



Last weekend we went to a fall party. We got the EVite to the "2nd Annual Fall Festival" and all of the RSVP's were talking about how great it was last year. Hmm, I thought. Last year? Gosh, I didn't GET that invite.



So, I RSVP'd with the comment "Why didn't I get an invite last year?" The reply? "Well, it was the first month or so of school ( I taught their daughter last year) and we didn't want to look like we were trying to kiss your butt..." OK, it's not like they get report cards!!


We went last weekend, and check out the fun had by all at the Weyandt's.



This weekend is Homecoming. Mark and Kevin, two of my best friends from college, are in town for the parade and game. It's wonderful to be back together. We figured out we have known each other for 21 years. Boy, does that make me feel old.








That's just a random picture of Mikey when he was little.

Molly had a playdate the other week. The little girl was coming home with her on the bus, so the day before we all cleaned up. The kids were dusting, taking down dirty laundry, putting away toys, etc. I was vacuuming, cleaning bathrooms, sweeping, etc. We all worked pretty hard for just over an hour. Finally I said "Hey, thanks! The house looks pretty good." Molly replied "We didn't need to clean the house, Mom." I said "Sure we did - your friend is coming over tomorrow!" Molly's retort? "Well, when I went to her house last week, it was a DUMP. They had stuff behind the couch and everything!"

I just had to laugh.

5 people tasted this cookie:

Jonathan's Mommy said...

Your daughter's comment cracked me up! I am always in a cleaning frenzy before we have people over!

Neurotic Atty said...

That's hysterical...and I am filing that away so that when I have kids, my house will always be playdate-ready!!!

Jodi said...

Uh-oh, I better be prepared to have Molly to my house!

Reminds me of when my nephew came over and asked, "Mom, why are there so many spiderwebs in this room." :)

(FYI, I have just come to terms with the spiderwebs, they spin them faster than I can dust them away and I've got better things to do than dust every day.)

Kristen said...

Classic!

Shana-Lynn said...

LOL, she's so honest!!!!