CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

My Fun Friends

This is the email I got yesterday:

THE FIRST MEETING OF THE MAGAZINE CLUB!!

Most of you have heard me mention this pseudo-book club idea, now the time has come to make it happen! With all our schedules far too busy to actually finish a whole book (okay, perhaps that's just me), I would prefer to spend my time with the ladies eating, drinking and poking fun at the celebrities in tabloid magazines. Want to join me?

What: Magazine Club
When: Thursday, November 6th
TIME: 7:00 pm
Where: My house

We will be discussing the latest US Weekly and Star weekly celebrity rags. Just go to the store on Monday of that week and pick up the newest edition.

The intention is that the articles will fuel heated discussions as to the lack of reality in Hollywood, general silliness of those in the magazine and how both magazines are using the exact same photos/stories. Mostly though, it will be about drinking, eating and adult conversation! Hope you can make it!

Let me know via email if you can come!
jean

See why it gets harder and harder to leave this town?? The funniest part? I was reading the email to Mark and called the magazine U.S. Weekly!! I can be SUCH a blonde...

7 people tasted this cookie:

Jonathan's Mommy said...

I think that is a great idea! I have subscribed to People for years and I am happy every week when it comes in the mail!

jean said...

You're right -- the people in this town rock. Especially the very cool person who is hosting the event! ;-)

Amy said...

Oh, that is great! I'm a closet celebrity obsessor. . . I'd love that book club!

Holliday Family said...

Wish I lived closer to you to do this kind of stuff :0(

x

Amy said...

Celebrity tabloid trash is my vice. I might have to go and steal this idea at some point in time....

Janice said...

Man, I wish I could go - even though we've never met in person. I enjoy reading tabloid magazines, it's definitely a guilty pleasure. :P

The Vollmers said...

I understand completely...my book club in Raleigh spent more time on the celeb. tabloids than discussing our "real" books, I think. They were a wonderful group and I miss them! The head of our book club surfed "TMZ.com" every day! It was so hard to leave Raleigh...but we're making friends in Omaha.

I used to read the tabloids while working out at the gym in NC...I'm getting behind...