CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, December 03, 2006


You scream, I scream, we all scream for ice cream!!


Today I took the kids to The Creamery. Can you believe the price of a cone went up again? $2.50 a cone...and there is only one size cone. They pile as much ice cream up as the cone will hold, and that costs $2.50. Now, it IS a lot of ice cream, don't get me wrong. I would just like to pay less to receive less. After all, I ate as much as I could, and look how much I still had to throw away! I suppose I could go down to Cold Stone Creamery downtown, and eat fancy ice cream there, and not be-atch about how much it costs. But I can do that anywhere. While I live here in Happy Valley, I'm sticking to The Creamery on campus.

Back when I was in school, (no, I didn't have to walk to school, uphill, 2 miles each way...) the cones cost $1. Inflation. Wait, now that I think about it, I DID have to walk to classes, about a mile each way...lol I hate to think about how long ago that was.

Mikey still goes to speech once a week, and I still laugh at what comes out. For example, he has always called the garage the "ba-gwage". Chris and I will probably call it that for the rest of our lives. Dessert is "bessert". Once he was pouting after dinner, and I asked him what was wrong. He said "I just want bessert in my mouth..." So, now we only have dessert on Fridays. Other nights, don't bother asking. At least not until the kids are in bed!

Oh, big news. I've finally finished raking the yard! Now, for some of you, you might think "BIG deal..." It IS a big deal. In the afternoons when Heather called, most days her message was "Well, I guess you're outside raking. Call me when you come in..." Just in the back yard, we have 25 trees that drop leaves, and at least a dozen bushes and trees to rake around that don't drop their leaves. The borough sends a big leaf sucker truck around a few times a week during the fall to pick up the leaves. Their last trip was on Thursday, so I had to be done by then. I finished, we had a huge windstorm on Friday, and the neighbor's leaves (who didn't rake at all the entire season ) blew into my yard. UUGGG!!

Here is our leafpile. It really doesn't do it justice, since I also had leaves picked up that I had raked a couple times a week all fall. I was one tired chickie.

3 people tasted this cookie:

Anonymous said...

Mmm, ice cream! I vote for the local place any time. Remember Young's in Ohio?

Love,

Kristen

Anonymous said...

I like the fact that The Creamery plays such a large role in your blog. . . seems like every other entry mentions it. All is right in the world when there's ice cream!

Anonymous said...

I remember the ice cream, both there and in Ohio! Think I'll go to the store, lol. Mom