CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

The Blue/White Game
This weekend was our annual Blue/White game, and we had beautiful weather for it! The estimated attendance was 72,000, which is incredible when you stop to think it is just a spring practice that we go to see.

My college roommate, Teresa, and her boys came up for the weekend and we had so much fun! Her boys were so patient and kind to my kids, and tolerated their antics the whole time. I hope my kids grow up to be that nice.

Here are some pictures, with quick descriptions:










This is our student section, honoring Virginia Tech. We all wore maroon and orange to the game instead of blue and white. A first. Hopefully, the last. I hope nothing like this tragedy ever happens again.










Kyle, Teresa's oldest son, carried Molly to the game from the tailgate. Behind them, is Emma M., from my class. Isn't she a cutie, too?











Here is one shot of our tailgate. We ended up having 9 families come, and even managed to get PRIME REAL ESTATE. There was no space left, so we just took it. Yes, it is where we usually tailgate with Mark's parents, and since no one else was there, we pulled right in! The kids had so much room to play, it was incredible. Good friends, good weather, good play space. It was almost a shame to leave it to go into the game!

We went and found Mark's parents during half-time, also known as Grandma and Pop-Pop Keller. They hadn't seen Teresa and her boys in years! The kids were so excited to see them again, as it has been since football season. We love the Kellers.


Ryley let the kids sit on him while he played his computer game. They were enthralled!

Saying good-bye in the parking lot! Came back soon!

7 people tasted this cookie:

Wendy said...

Adorable pics Susie! Looks like you had a great time!! Loved seeing the pics!! Call me!

A.K. said...

Thanks for posting that picture with the "VT". That was so sweet!!! Love it! Great pictures

Megan said...

That is really touching! What a great way to honor VT!

Janice said...

I love tailgating! And you guys did get a prime spot! Glad you guys had a great time hanging out with friends and family!

I love the shot of the students honoring VT - looking at it made me a little sad but like you said, hopefully something like this will never happen again.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a lot of fun! It just breaks my heart that I'm missing those two growing up. They've changed so much and I can't believe they're going to be 4 and 5 next month!

Anonymous said...

Susie, thanks for posting the pictures of the tribute to Virginia Tech. I think it is amazing the way Penn State has honored Tech, and all the students and staff have shown their support. What a great bunch of people! Now, where's my shirt?

Mom

Amy said...

Aren't college towns great--always so many great things to do. And you guys are in the ultimate college town! I love seeing all your Penn State outtings!