CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Our pretty day today!

The weather was SO pretty today, the kids and I decided to play after school. We came home, changed clothes, and Mikey packed us some snacks. We were off! ( I apologize now for the poor quality pictures - I had to use the old camera, since mine wasn't charged!)





First stop: Old Main




The kids are in front of Old Main, which is across the street from my college apartment. It reallly made me miss the days of living there...


I used to take a quilt and pillow just behind where the kids are standing and take lovely afternoon naps. Ah, those were the days...


Next stop: INSIDE Old Main

which was one of the original buildings on campus. Maybe THE original?? Can't remember...




Mikey and Molly even listened to the audio tour. How cute are they?!?

Then, we had to stop to look at a big pile of ants eating something by the base of the step!




Next stop: The Nittany Lion Shrine




After the Lion, I dragged the kids over to Chambers building, where most of my classes were, and we found my old advisor! Kep Sones is the best advisor in the world, and still going at it... We'll meet up for lunch together this summer when things calm down on campus and I'm out of school. That stop didn't get a picture - it would have been too cheesy.

Next stop: The Nittany Lion Inn





The kids were about done hanging out on campus, so the promised land that I bribed them with followed...



Final stop: Holmes-Foster Park



What an adventurous day!



8 people tasted this cookie:

Anonymous said...

Susie, it looks so "springy" there. I'm jealous!

A.K. said...

man, i wish i had a fun adventure like that after school! looks like so much fun!

Wendy said...

Yeah for pictures!! Looks like they had so much fun!!! Thanks for sharing! They are GETTTING SO BIIIGGG!!!!

Amy said...

Lovely, lovely, lovely all around--the weather, the sites, and of course, the kids!

Andrea said...

I love the picture of them listening to the audio tour- too cute!

Janice said...

Your pictures make me want to revisit my college - those were great memories as well. I love the picture where they're listening to the audio tour - those ear pieces are huge!Mikey and Molly are just so adorable!!!! Glad you got to enjoy the day!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Wendy. They are getting so big!
Kristen

Katherine said...

Very nice day for you guys! Very inspiring, I should take more pics every day. Good memories for all three of you! XOXO Aunt Keeko