CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 18, 2006














Fall has arrived!!

Here is our wonderful house on our wonderful street with the wonderful leaves. Lots of leaves. Lots of leaves to rake. The kids love them.








Mikey loves jumping in them, Molly likes walking through them. They like the sounds of them. Isn't that the best part of fall? Well, besides college football....hee hee


I watched a friend have incredible strength today. Our friend from college, Todd Humble, died of a heart attack last week. The viewing was last night, and the funeral was today. I was in awe of Gina and how well she handled everything. It made me wonder, could I have done that? Would I have handled that the same way? Is that what I would do? It made me thankful that I don't have to answer those questions yet.

If there is any good that came out of today, it is that the Drill Team realized we need to do better at keeping in touch and seeing each other. Time is precious, and so are friends. We need to treasure both.

3 people tasted this cookie:

Anonymous said...

The leaves are just beautiful - I'm jealous! We still have to look at our sad yard of dirt. I sure hope the flowers we planted survive the big snow we got two days ago!

I'm glad you're doing better, though I'm sorry you had such a yucky weekend with bad news.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your friend Susie. Give those you love an extra hug.

The trees are beautiful, I am jealous! Gina

Anonymous said...

Seeing the trees and leaves makes me homesick! I remember playing in the piles of leaves with my mom when I was their age.

So sorry for your loss.

Kristen