CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, October 01, 2006

Age. It's just a number.


I remember when we were in college. Adults seemed so OLD. Now, I have to face the fact that we are those adults. Two of my friends got promoted to Lt. Col. this weekend, and they aren't the two most mature people that I know. They are two of the sweetest, most fun friends I have, but the first word to describe them wouldn't be mature. So, I guess I have to admit, we are old.
We ordered a cake for Kevin, since he was coming to town. After all, what is a promoion without a cake?? I went to order the cake at the finest bakery in town, Wal-Mart. As I was standing there, I saw that you could order a cake with a photo on it. Now, that is a little more exciting! So, I packed up the kids and came back home. I dug and dug, and couldn't find the picture of Kevin in Jodi's bra on top of his winter coat. That was one of our finer nights in college....
I told Chris what I wanted to do, so he started digging for pictures. He found one of Kevin at the Skeller with is mouth full of food, cropped everyone out, blew it up, and ordered the cake. I love that guy, have I mentioned that lately? So, here is the fruit of our combined effort.

Here are some more pictures of us, with Kevin and Mark (who flew in from Colorado Springs for the occasion) at Mark's parent's tailgate yesterday. I have known Kevin and Mark since the fall of '87. Now we are old. Officially. However, old friends stick by you through good and bad, and we all have dirt on each other. They are the brothers I have chosen, not the one I was born with. It's great being military - you choose your friends to be your family. And I love them.


7 people tasted this cookie:

erin said...

Those two kiddos are SO cute!

I'm glad you have such an awesome group of friends back east. Gotta file that cake idea away for later...

Anonymous said...

You are so right--you choose your friends to be your family--that's the best part about the AF.

Mikey and Molly look great in all their Penn State glory!

Anonymous said...

Your kids are getting so big and I love the Penn State gear.
Brandy

liz said...

I didn't know Wal-Mart made cakes out of "seefood" - HA!
Even this IRISH fan has to admit that those PSU kids are too cute in their fan gear.
Miss you!

liz said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
erin said...

Susie...where are you? It's been too long. Do I have to get my whooping stick out?

Anonymous said...

Mikey and Molly look absolutely adorable! We sure do miss you guys!