CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Mikey Wants a Squirrel

Mikey and Molly were watching the squirrels play in the front yard today. I'm chatting on the phone with Kristen when Mikey calls for me. He wanted to go outside, catch a squirrel, and bring the animal in the house. I told him that he couldn't, because the squirrel would bite him, but we could go up on campus and FEED the squirrels, because they will eat out of your hand there. He replied that no, he had a bucket ready to go outside to catch the squirrel, and would it still bite him? I told him yes, and got off the phone to see what he was up to.
He came back upstairs, took his coat off, and said he was ready to go to campus to catch his squirrel. He would put his bucket like "this" and the opening "there" (with huge arm motions while squatting down) and we could bring it home! I told him that we couldn't bring the squirrel home, that the mommy squirrel would miss it. He solved that by saying we could bring them BOTH home, the baby AND the mommy!! I just said "No, honey, squirrels live in trees....but hey!....it's time for CLIFFORD!!"

If all else fails, there is always PBS. Besides, I love those happy giggles while Clifford is on. Clifford and Curious George are their afternoon treats on these more frequently cold, drizzly afternoons. Their treats, and my 60 minutes of peace and quiet. Just enough time to blog and relax.

2 people tasted this cookie:

Anonymous said...

I'm so impressed that you already blogged. This is going to be a great way for you to record these priceless moments.

If your squirrels on campus are as fat as the ones at Purdue, Mikey shouldn't have any trouble catching one!

Miss you.

Kristen

p.s. Here's a funny one from our house. Karina calls pepperoni, "peckeroni."

Anonymous said...

I'm with Mikey--squirrels are pretty entertaining. I was fascinated with them when I was kid.

You make my day with your stories--I can't wait to hear what's going on in the Solo house everyday!