CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 20, 2007

A pictureless blog entry -

because I can't find my camera in this dumpy house!!

Our house is a mess. Almost all my fault. Not that I messed it up, mind you, but I haven't exactly cleaned in awhile. Why, you might ask?

Well...

Chris is redo-ing our kitchen. He hung the cabinets (ha ha, I said "hung"), he tiled the floor (on a diagonal even!), he made that beautiful hole in the wall, he scraped the wallpaper, and he painted it. The counter comes on Friday morning, and then I will have some of the mess put away.

We went camping over the weekend. Not my favorite thing in the world to do, but the kids and Chris love it, so I went. It wasn't horrible. I liked the canoe on the lake, and eating s'nores (as Molly calls them), and the bacon cooked on the campfire. Yummy! I just don't like the SMOKE from the campfire needed for my delicious treats. I could never smoke. I just don't like the smell....
Oh, and it rained. So, we brought home a wet tent, wet tarps, wet chairs, wet everything. And it's going to rain all week. Sunshine would have been better.

I have begun in earnest to get my classroom organized. School bags are painted with names, cubbies are labeled, Play-Doh is out with new toys and rollers, you know - a place for everything and everything in it's place. I like an organized work space. Bulletin boards are papered and bordered, just waiting for the kids' art work.

It's cold here. I know you don't care. But today's high was 64. That's f-ing COLD for August. I feel like my pool membership dues are being wasted when it is that cold.

Chris just said he found my camera - I'm off to find something to take a picture of. Check back soon, ya hear?

8 people tasted this cookie:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there - Chris will get that kitchen done soon so you can clean up. How's the laundry? ;-) Whew - that is cold. What a bummer! I don't know if I want to bring the baby up there for a visit if it's going to be chilly. Take some pictures and post some cute ones.

Shana-Lynn said...

It sounds as though your kitchen will be great once Chris gets it finished. Can't wait to see pictures!

Doesn't this weather suck though?! We are having flood warnings now. So depressing!!

A.K. said...

it's cooler over here too- but we have the rain too wish ruins the pool days- when does school start for you?!

Amy said...

I'll take 64! We're at 90 here, which is just TOO hot.

Can't wait to see the finished kitchen. . . take some pics of that!

Megan said...

I'm with Amy. I would take it. I'm just glad we got a house with AC!

Janice said...

Don't mind the cool weather, but can't stand how it's been raining here for days!!!

Hey, maybe you should post some pictures up of your classroom! I'd love to see it. I wish I was going back to work. Love getting stuff ready for school but I hate orientation meetings!!

Jennifer said...

How fun, it sounds like you are going to have one awesome kitchen when your hubby finishes it.

I would love to have one day of 60* weather, just at night would suit me. We have been hitting close to 100* everyday for the past 3 weeks and it is just not fun anymore!

Jonathan's Mommy said...

I would KILL for some cold weather right now as it's over ninety here and it's almost 9:00 pm! I was hoping for at least slightly cooler weather for my trip to Nashville tomorrow, but I hear it's going to be 103! WHEW!

You should DEFINITELY post classroom pictures as Janice suggested and perhaps some of the kitchen, too. We are hoping to have our kitchen remodeled this fall and I am always looking for ideas...