CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

I will always have hope...

I read this in today's news.



This is about my friend, Laura, that I worked with at summer camp.

And so is this one.

It altered our lives forever, and I really hope they catch the SOB.

Sorry for the downer of a blog entry, but I read the story at the top today, and it really got me thinking. Not that it is ever really out of my mind...

So, there IS hope. It IS possible. I just hope it's sooner rather than later. Isn't DNA a wonderful thing?? As Psalm 139:14 says we are all wonderfully made. And it's a wonderful way to catch a creep.

16 people tasted this cookie:

Neurotic Atty said...

How incredibly tragic. I hope that they find whoever killed your friend and that he never sees the light of day again.

liz said...

Wow, that's sad, Susie. I wish I could give you a big hug!

Anonymous said...

Hugs!! He'll get his in the end one way or the other.

Anonymous said...

Oops! That comment was from me.
Kristen

Amy said...

Wow, powerful stuff. I want to go scoop my baby up and give him a big ole hug (and you too!)

Shana-Lynn said...

Wow. I sure hope he gets what he deserves! So sorry about your friend. That is so sad.

Colleen said...

I hope they find him, what a terrible tragedy. And I agree, DNA is a wonderful thing...

A.K. said...

What a tragic story- sending you a hug and comfort from over here... thanks for sharing what was on your mind with us...

Kristen said...

That is very sad. I wonder about the rings. It seems like they just vanished. Weird.

I hope they are able to figure out a way to solve it through DNA.

Jonathan's Mommy said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend! That is just awful! I hope they find whomever did it.

Jennifer said...

How sad, I am so sorry! I hope they catch him and he gets what he deserves....there is still hope!

Anonymous said...

I hope they catch him, too! How awful!!

Katherine said...

I didnt even know her and I remember that day. Mom and I were in Amherst at Grandma and Grandpa's house when you called. She sat in his office upstairs talking to you, trying to figure out what to do next and concerned for your safety. At the time, being from a small town and leading a somewhat sheltered life, it was hard for me to comprehend. Now, sadly enough, I hear stories like these almost every day, and whether I know the person, or not, it always blows my mind that anyones mind works that way.
Sorry for your loss.

Anonymous said...

What Susie is too humble to tell you all is how brave she was.

I was a couple of hours away and heard about this on the local news. I called Susie and told her I was coming to get her out of there. She refused to leave because she had to stay and take care of the kids at the camp.

It's 16 years later, and Susie is still just as stubborn!

Susie PSU said...

Mark,

I don't know if I was brave or stupid. :-)

And 16 years later, I may be just at stupid....

Now, do the rest of you see why I tell you I love Mark? He's the best.

Wendy said...

WOW! That is just so sad that is still has not been solved. We have hope for the future right? Love you!!