CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

I LOVE Snow Days!!



I know, I know, they drive most moms crazy. But not me. Nope, I love them. Having a leisurely breakfast. Hanging out in pajamas. Spending time together, either stuck in the house or playing outside. I think they're the bomb. Here are our TWO snow days this week!!



Chris and the kids made new snowmen. Well, Chris made them, and the kids helped decorate them! Then, it REALLY started to snow!!



We had Tuesday and Wednesday off school, so today we went sledding at Slab Cabin Park here in State College. What a great time! Take a look...



Molly liked being pulled around by her big brother!




This was the run that we made. For the most part we pulled the kids up, but Molly hiked it with me 3 times or so! We really had a blast. Molly said her favorite part was "when we tipped over". Hey, I never said I was a GOOD sledder!!







The kids liked throwing snow balls into the creek. Mikey kept edging closer and closer, and I was afraid he'd fall in.



And because I never post a picture of me, here you go. Not a great picture, but a picture none-the-less.


We also made and decorated 4 dozen cupcakes for Michael to take to school tomorrow. (Note to self: just BUY them next time!)







AND, we made pretzels with a kit from Auntie Anne's pretzel shop. They were yummy, but it sure would have been easier if we could have just DRIVEN to the mall to get some!

So, that was our two snow days. And we can't WAIT for the next one!!




17 people tasted this cookie:

StephGrubb said...

Looks like fun! We also had a snow day on Tuesday and a delay today, Wednesday. I like the picture of the creek!

Katherine said...

Great pics susie! Looks like a blast! Actually, it looks pretty cold. I agree and have learned that same "note to self", sounded like it would be fun, after the first dozen you start to wonder why you didnt buy them and then just decorate them...BUT they are cute!

Megan said...

That's a fun post. Love that you had a great time with your kids.

Jennifer said...

That looks like so much fun. I really wish we got more snow around here. It looks like you guys definitely made the best of it!!

the Book of Keira said...

Those are some impressive snowmen and equally impressive cupcakes! Yum!

Shana-Lynn said...

Awww...it looks like a great time you all had. The kids around here had three snow days in a room.

I love your snowmen, they are very cute!

A.K. said...

we still have yet to get a snow day in Maryland- and NO 4 flu days do NOT count in my book as snow days! hah!

Neurotic Atty said...

Awww...I'm so jealous! Can I be one of your kids? Glad you all had so much fun! What are you going to do with all those cupcakes if you end up having another snow day, though? Here, let me give you my address... ;)

The Vollmers said...

Jealous here too! We were just south of the "snow line" in Central NC last night. In fact, about 1/4 of the cars (minivans) in the preschool drop off line had a dusting of snow on top.

My boys' snow pants and inflatable snow tube are still stuffed into our closet...who knows if we'll get to use them this year.

There's always Nebraska...

Maryann Miller said...

Patricia's Southern Unit friend here. My boys are at RTP with her boys. I had a big giggle over the cupcake note to yourself. That's how I felt last year when I helped my son Joey make elaborate pumpkin cookies for his preschool Halloween week snack. Pretty but tasted horrible and a ton of too much work.

WE NEED SNOW! WE WANT SNOW! PLEASE SNOW!

Jonathan's Mommy said...

We had one snow day but it was too icy to make snowmen so add me to your jealous category!

And when did Auntie Anne's start having a pretzel kit? Those are my FAV and Jonathan's, too, even more than the cookies right next to it at the mall.

Denise Travis said...

We don't get many snow days here in NC, but if our snow days turn out to be like yours...I know I'll love them too!! That hill looks like an awesome sled ride!

Anonymous said...

Of course you like snow days - it means you get off work, too! A lot of working moms have it interrupt their work schedule, so that's awesome that you get to spend extra time with the kids! Looks like you had a great time - sooo fun to play in the snow! I hear ya with the cupcakes - that's SOOO much work!

my4kids said...

Looks like a lot of fun! I wouldn't mind the snow if they would call snow days but we have had plenty of days they could have but didn't.
I love to make the cupcakes but my kids have tiny class sizes so we don't have to make 4 dozen!

M said...

hey susie - thanks for stopping by my blog! Love the snow pics - we don't get much snow here!
:)

Kristen said...

snow days rock. You have more snow than we do!

Kimberly said...

SWEET looking snowman! I love snow days too!