CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

They make me laugh.

As most of you know, Michael has been going to speech since he was 18 months old. Me, being the mom that I am, always thought "Well, he might need speech, but at least we caught it early! It's all about early intervention, right? I'll be proud when he is in kindergarten and doesn't NEED speech anymore!!"
I was a fool. Of COURSE he still needs speech. Don't get me wrong, he is now understandable. (When he started pre-school at the age of 3 the teacher couldn't understand him. Luckily I was
teaching across the hall and could interpret!) When he IS finished with speech, I'll be so proud. But I love him as he is. And as he was.
He now sings "If your happy and you know it then your fathe will thurly thow it!" And I love it.

Molly was deciding what to take to show-and-tell today and she wanted to take her "chickmunk". I laughed at that chipmunk - which is actually a gingerbread doll!

And what do they use to go swimming underwater? "Gobbles". Of COURSE!!

12 people tasted this cookie:

Megan said...

They are chickmunks here too. So funny.

Holliday Family said...

spooky - I am yellow too....!!
xx

Denise Travis said...

Your munchkins sound ADORABLE!

A.K. said...

i don't know why but couldn't stop laughing over chickmunk!

Jonathan's Mommy said...

So cute! I love hearing the things kids come up with!

Shana-Lynn said...

You children are both adorable and have the best things to say. They always make me laugh.

Ashley said...

i agree- those little words are my favorite! i have a hard time letting some of my kindergarteners go to speech "betaus dey are dust so toot!" :)

in response to your comment from my blog, i won the free wedding photography by entering a fabulous contest! i was googling online looking for a good wedding photographer for our summer wedding. (since it's 6 hours away, i have to google nearly everything!) i came upon www.christiaustin.com a local photographer with amazing skills. after checking out her website, i noticed a link to her blog. so, i checked it out! there i found she had listed a post stating her contest giveaway for 7 FREE hours of wedding photography and a print credit. the contest deadline was the next day, so i just knew i had to enter!
i emailed her the not-so-short story of how john and i met, our first date, our first kiss, our courtship, how we fell in love, our engagement- ahh, i 'm rambling again! anywho, we entered (with little hope to win, being so last minute and so random!) and got the email a few days later that WE WON! what a wonderful blessing! :o)

Neurotic Atty said...

Funny little punks! Some day, when Mikey doesn't need speech therapy anymore, you'll be proud, but you'll miss these moments, too. In the meantime, enjoy the fathes and the chickmunks.

Wendy said...

LOVE IT! GLAD I GOT TO TALK TO YOU! MISSED YOU BUNCHES! TALK AGAIN SOON??

Samantha said...

Caroline likes to eat "hangaburgers" and "cheesegaburgers at McDonalds. I will miss it when she says it the right way!

Kelly said...

Clayton calls his sister 'Nandle'. He can't say Kendall. And usually if I can't understand him, I put an "L" where the "W" is and it makes sense.

my4kids said...

I love when they have little misspronunciations! Madisons lately is when she sings the "Do your ears hang low" song. She says Cottonmental soldier instead of Continental! I have to try not to laugh everytime.
Izzak was in speach until he was in K in the early intervention program. He probably should have stayed a little longer but they insisted he was fine