CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, February 04, 2008

Playin' the Buckets





Once upon a time (read a long, long time ago) way back when I was young, dumb, and single...



Heather and I went up to D.C. to visit Chris. Actually, a BUNCH of us were gathering in D.C. that weekend, mostly Drill Team people from our college days. We had a tiny bit to drink while we were out that weekend (read entirely too much for our own good and way too much for our health) and were outside of the nightclub. I was sitting on the curb (read puking in the gutter) and Heather wandered up the street a storefront or two. She "met a friend" who was playing the buckets for extra change. In her most convincing tone (read drunken stupor) she took over the sticks and started playing his buckets. She actually got a larger crowd than he had (from what I'm told) and then he took his sticks back because I'm sure he was afraid she would want her cut of his takings.



Fast forward to Sunday afternoon. We took the kids to a women's basketball game on campus, and take a LOOK at the 1/2 time show!!









Yup, dudes playin' the buckets. I just HAD to call Heather!! We both had a good laugh, and these guys were actually very very good.



We met some friends for the game. Hojae, his son Ian, and Sumi, his mom is missing. She was at home sick. It was a shame she missed it, as I missed talking to her. See, here is a photo. No Sumi....I promised Hojae that I'd blog and give Sumi a hard time for missing the game!







Also this weekend the kids decided to play a little hockey.











They play with their hockey sticks and a rubber ball. Molly's goal is Michael's bedroom door, and Mikey has to get it past Molly. They LOVE it. Especially when they are the one winning...



Oh, we also played Trouble this weekend. The best $8 game in the world, because usually they will play it on their own.



What a great age the kids are! When they were tiny, I was so sure I had made a mistake wanting them so close in age. Now?? Life is good. In every way.

12 people tasted this cookie:

Janice said...

I thought the same thing thinking about the my own kids being so close in age as well. But I wouldn't have it any other way now - especially when I see how much fun your kids are having playing together.

I thought you were talking about some kind of betting game when you were talking about "playing the buckets" (ha-ha!).

my4kids said...

My kids are close in age as well. Somedays I'm happy about it when they are getting along and playing others when they are fighting and beating each other up I just wonder what I was thinking!

Neurotic Atty said...

Nothing is better than an instant best friend! Looks like you had a wonderful weekend. I'm sure the buckets were much easier to enjoy without the puking!

A.K. said...

looks like a great weekend! how hilarious about the buckets!

ya'll are killing me about all teh comments on kids close together- choices choices! I'll just have to send Scotty to this posting in a few years when he looks at me like i'm crazy when i say i want two kids close together!

Kelly said...

that is funny about the buckets! I couldn't picture what you were talking about.

And my kids are 21 months apart. They play really well together now and I find, sometimes, it is easier now.

Jonathan's Mommy said...

I am dying laughing about the buckets! That is hysterical!

Neurotic Atty said...

Is that...is it...is that CURIOUS GEORGE on Molly's slippers??? LOL. How does she not trip all over herself in those crazy things?

Love the videos!

Wendy said...

Well Susie... all I can say is I told you so. Kidding. I loved your last few posts. Miss you bunches. Are you coming anytime soon.

Shana-Lynn said...

Hahaha!!! You're too much!

Your kids always look like have SO much fun together. Your hockey video is cute too.

the Book of Keira said...

Buckets and hockey! Hell yes!

Katherine said...

I love the videos! Keep posting videos Chris, and yes, they seem like they always get along. Always entertaining themselves...Im going to have to find a blogger with either an only child or kids like six years apart just so I can see how its going...Decisions, decisions...
Love the Heather stories, too!

Anonymous said...

So cute that they are such good friends.