CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Pat-a-cake

I got bored this weekend, so I decided to bake. I found some NEW recipes and went for it. This was "Brownie Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting". They were not difficult, but each one has almost 400 calories and about 19 grams of fat. SO, they are heart attacks in a muffin cup. But yummy.


They are very rich and very brownie-like in texture. But I can eat almost anything with a cream cheese frosting! Just not a lot of it...


Then, on Monday I had bananas that I needed to bake with as they were a little past eating condition. I googled and here is what I came up with:


Banana Nut Muffins with an Orange Glaze




I wasn't sure at all about having an orange glaze on banana nut muffins, but let me tell you - there's no going back! I don't think I'll ever make a plain banana nut anything again!


Then, I found this. Chocoate - Chocolate Chip Banana Nut Muffins





To be honest, I haven't even tried these yet. But my friends at Bunko, school and book club loved them! When I have more time I'll post the recipes in the sidebar like Amy does, but I haven't quite mastered that yet.



We also had the lunar eclipse. Here are some pictures from my driveway. Not great, but I never claimed to be a photographer!! These were taken while I was shivering in the driveway:














I love baking and taking the food places. I just know that the eating part won't help me lose any weight!

10 people tasted this cookie:

Anonymous said...

Just think...if I lived near you I would be sampling these as I'm typing!!!

Julie

Shana-Lynn said...

Wow, those look great. The brownie muffins with cream cheese frosting,look amazing. Put that recipe up first, pretty please. YUMMY!

Susie PSU said...

OMG!!

I can't BELIEVE that Julie left a comment. It only took her a year and a half...

:-)

Denise Travis said...

Okay...next time you get bored, please come to my house. Only don't tell me how many calories are in those desserts! They look incredible!

Kelly said...

was that orange glaze with OJ and confectioners sugar? That sounds interesting.

and your pics of the lunar ecclipse are great. I missed that.

Amy said...

Those look divine. . . thanks for the recipes! I just made some chocolate swirl banana bread tonight, but those choco-banana nut muffins look so yummy. Definitely trying those the next time we have brown bananas!

Jonathan's Mommy said...

YUM! I am so hungry right now and that did not help. The eclipse was so cool--we stood outside and shivered too!

liz said...

cool eclipse - these things always happen when I'm not paying attention. way to go for being a witness despite the shivers!

my4kids said...

Your the new muffin man lately aren't you! those all look yummy!

Jodi said...

Why am I STARVING all of a sudden?!?! :)

Those look yummy!