CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 28, 2006





The First Scab
You know how as a kid, if you had a scab, you just HAD to pick it?? Well, I found my first "scab". Everytime I walked by this border at the top of the steps, I'd just give it one little pick. By the end of a week or two, it looked worse than the original border, if that is possible. So, upon the advice of my little sister, I squirted the border and wallpaper with a mixture of Downy and good ol' water. Boy, that paper scrapes right off! In just a few hours, I had done two whole walls!! What were the kids doing this whole time? Playing. A little bit unsupervised, but all was well. They weren't playing in the street, they were in their rooms for the most part!
So, now I have the hallway going down almost done. Just a few more walls, and a zillion miles of border to go. At least I have the tools! I even took the railing off - I'm so proud of myself....

3 people tasted this cookie:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I like it...
You have some sense of beauty...
-Shinyoung

liz said...

Aaahhh, much better! I've heard of that fabric softner trick - I'm glad it worked so well. Great job!

Oh, have your folks seen the family tree yet?

Anonymous said...

Great work! You inspire me to get on my own home improvement projects. . . ragged, dirty carpet in the nursery-to-be is my current scab!