CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 23, 2006



New Kids on the Block

Once again, the Solo kids are the "new kids on the block". No, not Justin Timberlake wanna-be's, just new. The family across the street and down one house, Pia, Ben, and Tacia, (and parents - Tonja and Brian), have welcomed us with open arms. The kids all watch out the windows to see who can go out to play first in the mornings, there is getting to be a well worn path between the two houses, and they are all so comfortable together. We have made our first friends. It's a shame their house is up for sale,huh? Luckily, their new house is only about 5 minutes away, but is will be more difficult than walking out the front door!

Hopefully, if the new family has kids, OUR kids can be as welcoming and make the newer ones feel like they fit right in. They've had a good example to follow....as a mom, I just hope as they get older, they follow the good examples and make sound decisions. Most moms I know have times of self-doubt, days when we feel like the worst mommy ever....all we can do is pray they go in the right direction.

Chris had the kids today while I worked in my classroom. He is whooped. hee hee. Sometimes I think it does a daddy good to be in charge for a whole extended period of time. He is extremely capable, as he showed when I stayed in OH for four days in the middle of the move! I like to call it "Job Appreciation".

2 people tasted this cookie:

Anonymous said...

Hey Susie!
Just a quick note to let you know how thrilled we are that you are our neighbors -Brian, Pia, Ben, Tassia and I could not have asked for better people.

Poor Ben was so upset when I told him to come into the house tonight to eat his dinner instead of walking across the street - he had not played with Mikey and Molly all "day" LOL!

See ya tomorrow,

Tanja

Anonymous said...

Am I a dummy? How did I miss that you were blogging? I noticed your link on Erin's site. . . It will be so fun to keep up with the Solos!