CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 25, 2006



Friday is the Farmer's Market

Every Friday since we've been here, we've gone to the Farmer's Market. It's not huge, but it's something to do. Our adventures start at a hotdog stand called The Happy Dog. The kids each eat a hotdog while I eat pizza from Brother's Pizza next to the stand. We then walk towards "the market" and pet the pigs. These are statues that were erected (ha ha, I said "erected") for the centennial of State College back in 96, I think it was. Anyway, we pet and climb on the pigs, and continue on our way.

The market is less than two blocks long, and it runs between College and Beaver Avenues, the two main streets in town. They have had vegetables, fruits, flowers, and some prepared baked good that the Amish bring in. All we needed today was a basket of raspberries, some whoopie pies, and a few zucchini to make some bread.
So, we stopped to smell the flowers, bought what we found we couldn't live without, and left for yet another week. Next week is our last week before school starts - good thing the hours are from 11:30 until 5:30!

6 people tasted this cookie:

Megan said...

I am a friend of Erin's. I love the farmers market in State College. I grew up close to this area and miss it greatly. GO PENN STATE!

erin said...

SUSIE! You can't say "erected" on a blog titled The Solo FAMILY. Dirty girl. You remind me of a friend a had once who ordered a blonde...

miss you tons and tons and tons.

Anonymous said...

We did the same thing on Thursday! I'm sure Karina would like yours better since they sell hot dogs though.

Kristen

Anonymous said...

Susie,

LOVE the picture of Molly and the pigs! Can you get one with both kids and make a copy for Pokkieboy? Mom

liz said...

Ditto on Erin's comment - I have to add:
ha, ha, you said "beaver"!

Anonymous said...

I hope you mean the pink levi's on sale were for Molly!